- This event has passed.
Ride and Drive at the Government Center
September 27 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
The County of Ventura is partnering with Ventura County Regional Energy Alliance to host the Ventura Electric Vehicle (EV) Ride and Drive event on September 27th. The public is invited to test drive a variety of electric vehicles, learn from industry experts and enjoy food and giveaways. This free event is part of National Drive Electric Week’s EV outreach activities staged in more than 300 communities across the country to highlight the clean-air benefits, cost-savings, and fun provided by driving an electric vehicle.
Event highlights include:
- Test drive an EV from local car dealerships.
- Talk directly to EV owners about their experiences and check out their vehicles.
- Learn from industry experts including: EV Advocates of Ventura County, Ventura County Air Pollution Control District, California Clean Vehicle Rebate Program, SCE’s Charge Ready Program, ChargePoint, Community Environmental Council, and more!
- Grab some food from a tasty selection from food trucks (TBD)
- Fun EV-related giveaways.
The Ventura Ride and Drive event is sponsored by Southern California Edison and presented by Plug in America, Sierra Club, and Electric Auto Association.
Volunteers are needed to help spread the word, setup, and to have a good time mingling with EV drivers. Sign up using the volunteer button at the top of this page.
If you cannot make this event during the workday, there will be another Electric Vehicle showcase at Ventura Harbor on Sunday, September 25nd from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm. For more information: https://driveelectricweek.org/event?eventid=3333