3C-REN (Tri-County Regional Energy Network)
3C-REN, also known as the Tri-County Regional Energy Network, is a partnership between the Counties of San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura established to deliver energy-saving programs and industry trainings that help reduce energy use, strengthen local job markets, and support efforts to achieve climate goals.
For households, 3C-REN offers direct energy saving opportunities, with an emphasis on hard-to-reach and underserved communities.
For industry, 3C-REN offers capacity-building services including workforce training and technical code support. Serving both public and private sector professionals, 3C-REN responds to the needs of the local building industry.
Visit 3c-ren.org to learn more.
Home Energy Savings
3C-REN Home Energy Savings programs help residents of the tri-county region save money and make their homes healthier with energy efficient upgrades. To learn more, click one of the property types below.
From heating and cooling to building envelope and water heating upgrades, our technical advisors can help create a home energy efficiency plan that works for you–and your budget.
Building Performance Training
Building Performance Training benefits current and prospective building professionals—with expert instruction, technical trainings, soft skills development and certifications on the latest energy efficiency methods and measures.
- Grow your business and expand your services
- Keep up with industry trends
- Gain technical skills
- Add value for your customers
Building Performance Trainings benefit everybody:
- Builders: Contractors, plumbers, electricians and other building trades
- Designers: Architects, engineers and other design professionals
- Real estate professionals: Realtors, appraisers, inspectors, and others
- Emerging professionals: Students, young professionals or those looking for a career transition
Energy Code Connect
Energy Code Connect makes it easier for building professionals to use, comply with, and enforce California’s complex and ever-changing energy code, Title 24.
- Energy Code Coach – Title 24 compliance hotline supporting building professionals navigating the CA Energy Code
- Regional Forums – Quarterly events to learn how the energy code relates to critical policy issues in our region
- Events & Trainings– Free courses to help you understand and apply energy code and green building standards
- Reach Code Support – Technical expertise and implementation support to expand electrification in your jurisdiction
- Resource Library – Documents and reference forms for CalGreen and California Energy Codes