- This event has passed.
Introduction to Passive House Trades (With Passive House Network)
May 12 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Passive House Network’s course Introduction to Passive House Trades will broadly cover the following topics: Passive House basics, review typical construction types, windows and installation, air barriers and insulation and new, innovative PH products. It is crucial when working on Passive House buildings to properly install components, understand how to correctly implement design details and assess and plan for the current and future performance of the building. This live online course is accompanied by mini video tutorials for various PH product installations, plus incorporates actual building of Passive House details relevant to the US construction industry.
Why attend this course?
- Learn Passive House standards and their implementation during construction.
- Discover best practices for passive house design implementation.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the five key principles of Passive House projects.
- Summarize typical materials and methods used for insulation and air barriers on Passive House projects.
- Explain challenging details seen on wood and steel framed construction projects and propose solutions on how these can be overcome.
- Describe the common approaches for air barrier application and insulation installation on residential and commercial projects.
- Explain systems that can be used to provide space conditioning and ventilation on Passive House projects.
- Describe how lighting selections and lighting controls impact electrical energy usage on a project.
- Summarize the differences between quality control vs. quality assurance, along with attributes of each concept.
- Describe the documentation requirements needed for Passive House certification and identify how it overlaps with the overall quality assurance process.
Visit Passive House Network for more information about this course.