Dates: Thursday, February 9 (Part 1) AND Thursday March 9 (Part 2), 2023
Time: 8:30 – 11:00 AM
Location: Doors open at 8:00 AM for coffee, snacks and networking.
RRM Design Group Training Room, 3765 S Higuera St # 102, San Luis Obispo
Presented in partnership with AIA California Central Coast, this course is centered around Zero Net Carbon Design (ZNCD), beginning with background and an overview of carbon in the building industry, then focused content on energy performance and renewable energy, water-savings as energy-savings, embodied carbon, and finally regenerative design.
Spread over two-morning sessions, 2 ½ hours each, the course has been developed to fulfill the new California requirement for architects to have five hours of ZNCD education as part of their license renewal. Although created with architects in mind, the content is broadly applicable across the building industry.
Learning objectives (over 5 hours of learning)
· Understand zero net carbon, the fuel mix of the power grid, and other factors that influences California’s energy code
· Differentiate between operational and embodied carbon, and identify key metrics and mitigations
· Be able to describe the energy-water nexus and compare water-saving strategies
· Review Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) and tools for evaluating embodied carbon
· Be able to differentiate between regenerative and sustainable design strategies and available standards and certifications
· Jennifer Rennick, AIA, Certified Energy Analyst
· Andy Pease, AIA, LEED AP BD+C
· Michelle Zimney, LEED AP BD+C, LFA, CPHC
The sustain.ventura.org website has been translated for your convenience using translation software powered by Google Translate. Reasonable efforts have been made to provide an accurate translation, however, no automated translation is perfect nor is it intended to replace human translators. Translations are provided as a service to users of the sustain.ventura.org website, and are provided “as is.” No warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, is made as to the accuracy, reliability, or correctness of any translations made from English into any other language. Some content (such as images, videos, Flash, etc.) may not be accurately translated due to the limitations of the translation software.
The official text is the English version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal effect for compliance or enforcement purposes. If any questions arise related to the accuracy of the information contained in the translated website, please refer to the English version of the website which is the official version.